AB-1266 Phi TC Deluxe
- Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 3 pin XLR cable set, and both 1/4" (6.3 mm) and 4 pin XLR cable Y-adaptors, all custom made high performance cables by JPS Labs for Abyss.
- Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad, portable amp or player, for a completely portable high resolution audio system.
- CABLE OPTIONS: Custom cable lengths
Model AB-1266 Phi TC
We just can't stop trying to get closer to the music. Introducing the new AB-1266 Phi TC (Total Consciousness). Newly designed 66 mm planar magnetic speaker drivers deliver the highest resolution of any headphone ever made. Combined with the venerable AB-1266 headphone design, newly minted all aluminum frame and posh ear pads means you’ll never have to buy another concert ticket.
A brand new generation of ABYSS planar speakers, these latest drivers offer unprecedented levels of clarity and resolution to sound, without the typical brightness or harshness. Imagine sitting with the band, hearing what they hear, surreal is the best way to describe this new AB-1266 Phi TC.
This latest Ceramic Coated version sports a high-tech, durable two-tone polymer ceramic coating on the all metal frame along with newly designed ear pads for greater comfort and improved sound quality.
Musical information is clearly defined, harmony can easily be heard as individual singers within the group, instrument separation is crazy good, bass drums have the rolling of their skins, ‘bass within bass' as we call it. In essence it transports you back to that time and place.
The AB-1266 Phi TC refines the sonic virtues of our finest headphone with excellent transparency to the source, and hard hitting low frequency impact and resolution. The sound of these headphones easily compares to and in many areas exceed the finest two channel audiophile systems money can buy. More importantly, this venerable will preserve in history one of the finest headphones ever produced.
- We CNC machine and finish all aluminum frame components, produce our planer speaker drivers, and skillfully assemble the AB-1266 Phi TC with US made stainless steel hardware, all within our own facility in Buffalo, New York, USA. Deluxe leather carry bag made in California. Wooden box made in New York state.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality two-tone black polymer ceramic coatings on the all metal frame and components, polished metal accents. Custom colors optional $.
- Patented planar magnetic transducer design plays effortless dynamics and low level details in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a dedicated listening room.
- Matched driver pairs, meaning your brain will appreciate the musical realism of our attention to detail.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique foamed aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eye glasses). 'Abyss' embroidered logo.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- All main components permanently engraved for traceability and collectability.
Specs by the numbers
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 30 KHz
Impedance: 47 ohms nominal
Sensitivity: 88 dB/mW
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 640 grams